Letter - S
- Sap - A liquid that circulates in woody plants, it contains water and minerals.
- Secondary Growth - Plant growth that does not occur at the tips of the stem or the tips of the roots.
- Seed - Reproductive method of some plants.
- Shoot - New growth occurring on a plant.
- Soil - A natural substance comprised of organic matter, minerals and living organisms.
- Sprout - New young plant or new growth on a mature plant.
- Stem - Main branch of a plant, supports other plant structures.
- Succulent - A plant that has fleshy leaves and stems, usually requiring little moisture to grow.
Letter - T
- Tap Root - The main root of a plant.
- Terminal Bud - A bud located at the tip of the stem.
- Transpiration - Water loss through pores in a plants leaves. A natural process which allows plants to intake more water, containing minerals.
Letter - U
- No entries yet.